RECOVERY COACH CORRECTIONAL/CONTRACTUAL
Prerequisites to apply for this position.
- Do you have a substance use disorder?
- Are you in active recovery?
For 30 years, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan, to provide well qualified, dependable, and professional staff. We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
We have a FULL-TIME MONDAY- FRIDAY openings for Recovery Coach $33.25/hr at the following locations:
- Barry County Probation and Parole Departments
- Chippewa County Probation and Parole Departments
- Ingham County Probation and Parole Departments
- Jackson County Probation and Parole Departments
- Wayne County Probation and Parole Departments
- Muskegon County Probation and Parole Departments
- Van Buren County Probation and Parole Departments
****A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test, and drug screen are required.
Recovery Coaches are licensed through the State of Michigan and provide support and assistance to individuals that have substance use disorders. Recovery Coach positions are based on the recover-orientated support environment that advances recovery orientation. These positions are trained and educated through DHHS to perform their job roles but will need training regarding working in a prison and with offenders. For this program they will be assigned to a prison and will meet with offenders who have opioid or amphetamine use disorder and mental health concerns. They will assist in setting up treatment appointments in the community when the offender releases, supervise telehealth sessions and track work productivity and outcome measures. They assist offenders in becoming more informed and skilled so they can be more successful when they are on parole.
Job Duties of the Recovery Coach Correctional/Contractual
- Educate offenders about substance use and/ or mental health disorders.
- Meet with offenders to engage them in services.
- Meet with individuals to assist them in scheduling treatment.
- Provide support as the offender experiences challenges, they do not have the skills and/or support to solve.
- Educate about pathways to recovery
- Review the parole plan with the offender and discuss resources and supports available to them to assist them in being successful.
- Develop a plan to assist offenders if they feel overwhelmed and worry that they may abscond or violate parole.
- Communicate with agents about the offender’s treatment upon release and needs/ concerns that the offender may have
- Complete GPRA Assessment
- Supervise telehealth visits
- Contact offenders via phone upon release to assess whether they need additional supports and link them to those supports
Qualifications of the Recovery Coach Correctional/Contractual
- Licensed in Michigan through an accredited Recovery Coach program
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.