$42/hr. Dental Hygienist Contractual/Correctional
For 30 years, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with healthcare organizations, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Michigan Department of Corrections, across the State of Michigan. We provide well qualified, dependable, and professional staff.
You are invited to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. Additional information can be obtained about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
Full time, day shift opening for a Dental Hygienist, Contractual position to begin immediately at the following Correctional facilities/locations. The starting wage is $42.00/hr.
- Chippewa Correctional Facility (Kincheloe)
**** A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test and drug screen are required.
Qualifications of the Dental Hygienist Contractual/Correctional:
- Graduation from an approved school of Dental Hygiene whose program is accredited.
- Licensed as a Dental Hygienist in the state of Michigan.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their dental problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patient.
- Must possess the disposition to work harmoniously with a diverse population and all levels of staff, interacting professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Job Responsibilities of the Dental Hygienist Contractual/Correctional:
- Tooth polishing, scaling, root planning, stain, plaque and calculus from tooth surfaces
- Provide general oral health educations.
- Brushing, flossing, dental cleaning and oral medication use.
- Expose/process dental radiographs.
- Use bite wings, periapical films & related equipment – alert dentist of observed findings.
- Identify potential diseases and tooth decay.
- Assist dentist during restorative, surgical and endodontic procedures.
- Create & maintain dental treatment charts & records, and appointment scheduling.