Social Work LICENSED MASTERS LEVEL (for QMHP)
For 28 years, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan, to provide well qualified, dependable, and professional staff. We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
The starting wage for LICENSED MASTER SOCIAL WORKER is $55/hr.
THE LICENSED MASTER SOCIAL WORKER (QMHP) position is FULL TIME (Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm) with starting wages of $55.00/hr. at the following facilities:
- Alger Correctional Facility (Munising)
- Brooks Correctional Facility (Muskegon)
- **Carson City Correctional Facility—Critical Need (Carson City)
- Central Michigan Correctional Facility (St. Louis)
- Egeler Correctional Facility (Jackson)
- Freeland Correctional Facility (Saginaw)
- **Gus Harrison Correctional Facility—Critical Need (Adrian)
- Kinross Correctional Facility (Kincheloe)
- Lakeland Correctional Facility (Coldwater)
- Muskegon Correctional Facility (Muskegon)
- Newberry Correctional Facility (Newberry)
- Oaks Correctional Facility—Critical Need (Manistee)
- Parnall Correctional Facility (Jackson)
- Richard Handlon Correctional Facility (Ionia
- **St. Louis Correctional Facility—Critical Need (St. Louis)
The starting wage is $55.00/hour.
A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test, and drug screen is also required
Job Duties of the Social Work Master (MSW) Correctional/Contractual
- The Social Worker, Case Manager, Master’s Degree Social Worker will perform the full range of treatment and testing duties. Using considerable independent judgment to coordinate patient care across disciplines with other members of the health care team, to ensure desired outcomes, quality care and cost efficient use of resources. Completes patient assessments provides brief individual counseling, facilitates groups to discuss concerns with prisoners. Builds relationships, provides discharge planning and contact with families and outside agencies as needed.
- Provide direct patient care independently in ambulatory healthcare clinics in the Macomb Correctional Facility.
- Obtains case history, selects appropriate social work method of age specific treatment. According to Michigan Department of Corrections established policies, procedures, protocols and standards.
- Performs complete psychosocial and spiritual assessments; reassessments, mental status examinations, complete death prearrangement questionnaires on all patients, as clinically appropriate.
- Contacts medical service providers to report changes in patient condition or response to treatment.
- Obtain and carry out orders as necessary.
- Documents in the health record in a professionally and legally appropriate manner.
- Completes all necessary documentation and reports, completes forms and logs as required.
- Keep medical service providers, nurse managers and other health care staff apprised of changes in patient condition and unit needs.
- Participates in unit team meetings, staff meetings, quality assurance activities and in-service training as required.
- Participates in all institutional security procedures and adheres to all MDOC policy and security requirements.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team
- Requires daily contact with prisoners whose security levels range from minimum to maximum.
- Coordination of Patient Care. Coordination patient care across disciplines with others members of the health care team. Ensure patients discharge needs can be met or facilitates a transfer to an appropriate facility where needs can be met.
- Document appropriate in S.O.A.P. format on the Progress Notes and utilize flow sheets as indicated.
- Interact and communicates with patients, family other members of the health care team
- Management of Environment of Care.
Qualifications of the Social Work Master (MSW) Correctional/Contractual
- Graduate from an approved Social Work Masters program, whose program is accredited.
- Licensed as a Social Worker in the state in which he/she is required to practice.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.