$64.00/hr. Registered Nurse Correctional/Contractual (RN)
For 30 years, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan, to provide well qualified, dependable, and professional staff. We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
We have an URGENT NEED for $64.00/hr. Registered Nurses Correctional/Contractual (RN)at various Jackson Area Correctional Facilities.
We have immediate FULL TIME openings for the following shifts:
- 6:00a – 6:30p
- 6:00p – 6:30a
- 8:30a – 8:00p
****A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test and drug screen is also required
- Qualifications of the Registered Nurse Correctional/Contractual (RN):
- Valid Michigan License as a Registered Nurse
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management, and documentation skills.
- Experience in venipuncture skills and intravenous therapy administration.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse Correctional/Contractual (RN)
- Provide general care services, including assessment, analysis, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Perform health screenings of patients or clients
- Respond to emergency healthcare needs of patients
- Collect and records data specific to the health status of patients or clients
- Administer medications/treatments as prescribed by medical practitioners
- Provide health care instruction and education to individuals and others relating to the promotion of health and prevention or management of illness, disease, injury, or disabilities
- Responsibilities will vary depending on the department of assignment
- Job duties of the Registered Nurse
- Obtained EKGs on patients.
- Performed Annual Health Screens.
- Frequently administered and analyzed the Mantoux tuberculin skin tests.
- Assessed for signs and symptoms of tuberculosis.
- Administered immunizations, including Flu Shots, Hepatitis A and B Vaccines, Tdap vaccines, and pneumonia vaccines.
- Gained experience using the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR).
- Performed Health Care Clearances on patients.
- Scheduled routine, urgent, and emergent appointments with medical physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Educated patients on maintaining their negative Hepatitis C and HIV status.
- Performed fecal occult blood testing, urine analysis testing, and blood draw.
- Assessed for suicidal behavior, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, open sores, lesions, drainage, special needs, disabilities, accommodations, and education on how to obtain health care services.
- Gained experience using Nexgen and the Corrections Offender Management System (COMS).
- Assessed hospital returns, obtained vital signs, checked for medication orders, and contacted the physician.
- Initiated parole planning with patients: reviewed meds prior to discharge, advised patients to follow up with their medical and mental providers, and educate patients on how to maintain their negative Hepatitis C and HIV Status.
- Evaluated patients for segregation clearance and appropriate placement.
- Experienced insulin lines and monitoring the patient’s blood sugars and intervening if the patient had hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
- Administered breathing treatments to patients, including analyzing post/peak flow values, lung sounds, and vital signs.
- Monitored, dispersed, and reordered medications when supply was getting low; ordered medications from off-site pharmacies when needed.
- Assisted doctors in treating various acute injuries and provided daily wound care to patients.
- Worked in a clinical setting, insulin lines, and segregation as scheduled.