We have a Full time, Monday – Friday opening for $29.00/hr. Recreational Therapist
to begin immediately at Gus Harrison in Adrian, MI
- Gus Harrison -Adrian, MI
- Monday- Friday
- 8:00am – 4:30pm
- A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test, and drug screen is also required
Recreational Therapists complete and oversee a variety of professional recreational therapeutic assignments to meet the developmental needs of residents of State mental health, correctional facilities, long-term care facilities, and educational facilities as well as, community based residential programs.
- Develop and establishes recreational programs of a therapeutic nature suited to the physical and mental capabilities of the residents
- Adapts calisthenics, competitive games and other organized recreational activities to residents need and abilities
- Consult with physicians, therapists and other staff members regarding resident treatment to design individualized treatment plans.
- Coordinate therapy programs and other disciplines
- Overviews training classes for affiliating students, student nurses and attendants
- Maintains progress notes and individual records, prepare reports and conducts correspondences.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have working phone/cell phone
- Must be an organized person
- Must be kind, neat and professional
- Must be RELIABLE and dependable
- Graduation from an approved Recreational Therapist program, whose program is accredited.
- Licensed as a Recreational Therapist in the state in which he/she is required to practice.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Heavy work exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 25 pounds of force frequently to move objects, including the human body.
- Standing/walking: Must stand/walk frequently to accomplish tasks. May also choose to sand while completing administrative duties
- Lifting: Must frequently raise objects, including the human body, horizontally from position to position.
- Pushing/pulling: Must occasionally use upper extremities to push and/or pull objects, including the human body, in a sustained motion, including administration of Basic Cardiac Life Support if providing Infusion Therapy Services.
- Climbing: Must frequently ascend and descend stairs, uneven surfaces, or obstacles that may be located indoors or outdoors, and may not be handicap-accessible.
- Stooping/kneeling/crouching: Must frequently stoop, kneel, or crouch during the provision of patient care, including administration of Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Balancing: Must maintain balance that is necessary for ordinary locomotion and body equilibrium.
- Sitting: Must sit frequently when traveling to patients’ homes and may also choose to sit while completing administrative duties.
- Reaching: Must frequently reach to administer patient care services, treatments and procedures.
- Fingers/Grasps: Must frequently use fingers and/or grasp objects, including medical supplies/equipment, the human body and writing utensil.
- Feeling: Must frequently touch objects including the human body, to perceive attributes such as size, shape, temperature, or texture.
- Talking: Must frequently exchange information in person and on the telephone to patients, doctors, family members, and co-workers by means of the spoken word.
- Sensory Needs: Must possess fine motor skills, visual acuity (including near and far vision), for color discrimination and depth perception and those senses necessary for patient evaluation/assessment, communication and driving, including sight, tough, hearing and smell.
- Repetitive Motions: Must frequently use upper and/or lower extremities in respective motions, including writing and driving.
- Subject to environmental conditions: activities inside as well as outside a facility or home.
- Subject to a variety of physical conditions within individual facilities: safety issues may include basic home safety, fire safety, environmental safety and bathroom safety.
- May occasionally be required to handle hazardous substances including blood, infectious materials and hazardous waste.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- Recreational therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed Recreational Therapist (Required)
- BLS (Required)