Since 1993, we have been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies, providing well-qualified, dependable, and professional staff for many healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan.
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
We have a FULL-TIME day shift opening for $20.25/hr. Pharmacy Assistant Correctional/Contractual to begin immediately at
- Carson City Correctional Facility
Cooper Street Correctional Facility
This position is eligible for holiday and overtime pay.
A pre-employment physical, 2-step TB test and drug screen are required.
Job Responsibilities of the Pharmacy Assistant Correctional/Contractual
- Coordinates ordering, distribution, delivery, and pick-up of pharmaceutical products.
- Maintain inventories and supplies.
- Document receipt of medication, ensuring that all pharmaceutical products ordered are received.
- Notifies supervisors of missing medications and assists in obtaining necessary medication from vendor pharmacy, or local pharmacy.
- Sort and stock incoming pharmaceutical products.
- Distributes non-restricted, self-administered medication and delivery documentation.
- Maintains records and assists with completing medication error reports and vendor problem resolution forms.
- Process and document medication designated for retunes or destruction.
- Monitors medications received and assist with reconciling invoices.
- Prepares walk-in pharmacy orders.
- Compounds drugs, or prepares mixing interveners drugs for injection.
- Fills ward stock orders for over-the-counter nonprescription medications.
Qualifications of the Pharmacy Assistant Correctional/Contractual
- Certificate from an approved Pharmacy Assistant program.
- Certificate as a Pharmacy Assistant in the state in which he/she is required to practice.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management, and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.