Licensed Psychiatrist Correctional/Contractual
For 28 years, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan, to provide well qualified, dependable, and professional staff. We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
We have an URGENT NEED for Licensed Psychiatrist Correctional/Contractual to begin immediately at the following locations:
- Marquette Correctional Facility (Marquette)
- Richard Handlon Correctional Facility (Muskegon)
- Charles Egeler Reception and Guidance Center (Jackson)
- Louis Correctional Facility (St. Louis)
- Parnall Correctional Facility (Jackson)
- Saginaw Correctional Facility (Freeland)
- Chippewa Correctional Facility (Kincheloe)
The starting rate of pay is $280.00/hr. The schedule is typically Monday- Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test and drug screen will be required.
Qualifications of the Licensed Psychiatrist Correctional/Contractual
- Graduation from an approved Psychiatry program, whose program is accredited.
- Licensed as a Psychiatrist in the state in which he/she is required to practice.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff and interact professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Responsibilities of the Licensed Psychiatrist Correctional/Contractual
- Participate in the diagnosis and treatment of newly admitted convalescent, and chronic patients
- Completes physical, mental information submitted to obtain social security disability benefits and provides expert opinion on acceptability or rejection of claims.
- Treats medical, surgical, psychiatric, and neurological problems of patients in the facility.
- Consult with patients and families, other medical professionals, attorneys, teachers, and other identified personnel to interpreted clinical findings
- Prepare diagnostic reports for judges, administrative law examiners, federal government officials, school officials, physicians and other identified parties.
- Provide expert witness testimony in courts of law and administrative hearings regarding the status of patients or social security disability income claimants
- Directs and instructs nurses, other professional support staff, attendants, and residents in the care and treatment of patients
- Knowledge of mental health, physiological disorders and medication effects
- Ability to prescribe medications for the treatment of physical and psychological disorders