Licensed Practical Nurse/Contractual/Marquette
$46.00/hr. Licensed Practical Nurse Correctional/Contractual (LPN)
For 30 years, we have been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan, to provide well qualified, dependable, and professional staff. We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
We continue to meet many organizations’ needs during the covid 19 pandemic with both part-time and full-time opportunities.
We have current openings for Licensed Practical Nurse Correctional/Contractual (LPN) to begin immediately at the Marquette Correctional Facility. The starting wage is $46.00/hour. This position is eligible for overtime and holiday pay.
The following FULL-TIME shifts are available for IMMEDIATE HIRE:
- 12:00p – 10:00p
A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test and drug screen is also required
Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse Correctional/Contractual (LPN)
- Valid Michigan Licensed Practical Nurse license
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management, and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
Duties of the Licensed Practical Nurse Correctional/Contractual (LPN)
- In accordance with Section 161 of the Michigan Public Health Code, the practical nurse – licensed performs nursing acts, functions, or performs tasks under the delegation/supervision of the registered nurse.
- Administers nursing procedures to patients in accordance with patients’ nursing care plans, such as sterile dressing, soaks, compresses, enemas, suppositories, tube feeding, oxygen therapy, range of motion therapy, catheterization, diabetic care, pre, and post-operative care, etc.
- Set up prescribed medications in accordance with patients’ nursing care plans.
- Administers medications to patients orally, intramuscularly, or subcutaneously.
Monitors effects of medications, records medications given to patients