General Office Assistant
Since 1987 Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Michigan Department of Corrections, across the State of Michigan providing well qualified, dependable, and professional staff.
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
General Office Assistant Correctional/Contractual starting wage is $16.50/hr.and is eligible for overtime and holiday pay. This position is eligible for holiday and overtime pay
General Office Assistant DAY SHIFT positions are available at the following locations:
- Cooper Street Correctional Facility (Jackson)
- Gus Harrison Correctional Facility (Adrian)
- Kinross Correctional Facility (Kincheloe)
- Women’s Huron Valley Correctional Facility (Ypsilanti)
* A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test, and drug screen are required.
Requirements of the General Office Assistant Correctional/Contractual:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be RELIABLE and dependable
- Must be an organized person
- General knowledge of computer and standard office equipment
- General knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the profession and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
Duties of the General Office Assistant Correctional/Contractual:
- Ability to type and complete data entry
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, copier, scanner)
- Phone skills
- Ability to follow directions and guidelines
- Scheduling appointments
- Record keeping and filing of both paper and computer files