Registered Dietician Contractual/Correctional
For 30 years, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies. We have contracted with several healthcare organizations, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Michigan Department of Corrections, across the State of Michigan providing well qualified, dependable, and professional staff.
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com
We have current openings for Registered Dietician Correctional/Contractual to begin immediately for the following shifts at Macomb Correctional Facility
- The starting wage is $39.50/hr.
- Day shift
* A pre-employment physical, 2 step TB test and drug screen are required.
Job Responsibilities of the Registered Dietician Correctional/Contractual
- Conducts nutrition/screening assessment for the most appropriate nutrition therapy and documents in an electronic medical record.
- Plans, directs and implements medical nutrition therapy as needed to meet the nutritional needs.
- Is the recognized nutrition resource person on the health care treatment team to provide accurate and pertinent information
- Instructs patient in individualized diet therapy, general nutrition principles and food selection to encourage self- responsibility
- Develops, reviews, and adapts therapeutic and modified diets to meet the needs of the individual
- Adjusts menu cycles for nutritional adequacy, balance and variety, food availability, and budgetary control
- Reviews medical record and documents assessment of compliance and/or appropriateness of diet
- Evaluates the diet line attendance record to document compliance
- Evaluates store orders for appropriateness to determine relevance of continuing diet of if further education is needed.
- Implements renewal/cancellation of diet based on above to ensure appropriateness of all therapeutic diets at all times
- Counsels’ patients if indicated to ensure better understanding and encourage responsibility for compliance
- Assists Medical Practitioners with MDOC diet manual criteria compliance
- Consults with Food Service Department concerning the preparation of therapeutic diet menus, implementation of details and modification for holiday menus and other related nutritional issues.
- Conducts educational classes and in-service training for patients and Food Service and Health Care personnel
Qualifications of the Registered Dietician Contractual/Correctional
- Graduation from an approved program, whose program is accredited.
- Licensed as a Registered Dietician in the state in which he/she is required to practice.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English