Since 1993, Care One has been one of Michigan’s premier staffing agencies, providing well-qualified, dependable, and professional staff for many healthcare organizations and Correctional Facilities, across the State of Michigan.
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and compassionate employees. We have openings to fit your needs!
You can find additional information about our “homegrown” organization at https://www.careoneinc.com/
We have FULL-TIME DAY SHIFT openings for Certified Phlebotomist Contractual/Correctional to begin immediately at
- Macomb Correctional Facility.
The starting wage is $20.25 and is eligible for holiday and overtime pay
A pre-employment physical, 2-step TB test, and drug screen are required.
Job Responsibilities of the Certified Phlebotomist Contractual/Correctional:
- Obtain a variety of specimens, primary blood, additional samples may also include urine and various cultures based on a valid physician’s order, standing order, acceptable protocol
- Services will be provided to patients/prisoners/clients within inpatient, outpatient, or offsite State health program areas.
- Collected blood samples from patients/prisoners/clients through the performance of venipuncture and capillary puncture techniques.
- Documented in the electronic health record
- Log samples and related information and has responsibility for containers and specimens including proper labeling, packaging, and arranging for pick-up or delivery
- Maintain an appropriate schedule, logs patient information, collect data, and perform related clerical tasks.
- Certificate from an approved Phlebotomy program.
- Ability to relate to and treat all patients and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management, and documentation skills.
- Ability to function in any facility or home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of patients.
- Must possess the disposition of the personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff, and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of Care One Inc.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet facility and patient needs.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Certified to provide Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.